Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Colors of Fall

I just adore this time of year.
The colors are so bold,
it's just amazing.

Photobucket

The light is truly golden
as it shines on all the plants and trees.
Sometimes I notice that the weeds
on the side of the road seem to glow
and look like heavenly beings shimmering
beneath the fall sun.

Photobucket

Even though flower petals
are slowly falling off the flowers
and everything seems to be shriveling,
I see so much beauty in a withering bush.

The colors hold onto the flowers,
the flowers hold onto the grass,
until eventually
they all fade away.

I love watching their desperate grip
and then seeing the resolve
as they all release their tight grasp.

So much strength in letting go.



Photobucket

The trees are like little surprises
waiting to greet us each day with new colors.

Photobucket

One moment the leaves are green
and before you know it,
they are yellow.

Until one morning it seems that
almost suddenly
they are a brilliant red.

Photobucket

You have to look fast
or you will miss
each leaf as it tumbles to ground.

I admire the tenacity of the trees,
How they almost irreverently give into
the colors of fall,
rather we stop to admire them or not.


5 comments:

Katherine said...

What a beautiful post. I love how in fall, suddenly I start noticing trees that before were just a tree, but now are a riot of red or yellow or orange.

Linda D. said...

Just wanted to let you know that I just took a drive and looked at all of the fall colors in a different way! Thanks for this post, which was true "photo-poetry".

Christy said...

Love love love this post!

Susan Anderson said...

What a lovely post, Leigh. I love when you wax poetic.

=)

betty-NZ said...

I miss fall colors here in NZ. Thanks for sharing them!