Monday, September 14, 2009

Why can't I be more like Ms. Deschanel?



I love Zooey! Look at how cute she is! I bet that if she had two kids and one of them was teething and kept her up all night for a week solid that she wouldn't end up at Urgent Care with the shakes.

Well, it turns out that I am not a wimp that is going crazy from sleep deprivation. It turns out that I have a nasty case of Mastitis. To all of you non-mommy ladies out there that means that my boob is clogged up with milk and that it's causing an infection. The symptoms are just like the Flu (which would explain my episode on Saturday). I'm not going to tell my husband that it wasn't sleep deprivation though because he has stepped up in a BIG way to help since I've come down with this. So, I am off to the midwives to get an antibiotic and with it will come sanity.

I feel better already knowing what is wrong with me. So good, in fact, that I have been humming this little tune in my head all morning. I think that if Zooey got Mastitis that she would probably feel crazy too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be a relief to know what is going on and that you can get some antibiotics and get it taken care of!

Have you seen this video:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1125869268?bctid=32114332001

Same song, but cute dance-y dancing.

Lee said...

Ouch! Had it and that is the pits. Hope you feel better soon, and I wouldn't tell hubby either! Gotta take it any way you can!

Theta Mom said...

That does NOT look fun! Hope you get better soon!

Alicia said...

oh girl!! i just got caught up on your weekend!! mastitis is the worst! i had double mastitis with presley and seriously...my boobs were on fire! and it hit out of no where!!! i'm glad you figured out what it was though....even though it's no fun!get some sleep lady, i hope the tatas get better soon!

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

omg i grew up on a dairy farm and our cows would often get mastitis and THAT'S how i knew what it was.

wow. never even thought about that for nursing moms.

reason #987 that i do not breast feed. number 1-986 are b/c i am lazy

2Wired2Tired said...

Oh, I've heard that's the worst! It seems to make a bit more sense too. Hope you are recovering soon.