Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Revenge is sweet

Today has been one of those days. Where I just don't feel like being the Red Power Ranger, thank you very much! I am being stalked by a toy!

Everywhere I turn there is a kid who needs me. Koen is teething and boy, is he ever grumpy. He wants to be held at all times. The sight of me constantly holding Koen has sent Griffin into a jealous quest for attention.

Griffin keeps showing up every other minute with that Red Power Ranger grasped in his little hand, a whiny voice, and big manipulative eyes. "Wanna be the Red one, come on, let's have a battle!"

I hate that Power Ranger and I have plans for it!
Tonight that toy will mysteriously disappear. He's going to find himself at the bottom of a very dark closet. Never to be heard from again.

14 comments:

Lee said...

LOL! Don't your kids know you have blogging to do!! Sheez!

Tracie Nall said...

I'll disappear your power ranger if you will disappear my polly pocket.....

Anonymous said...

and i'll disappear the polly pocket if you disappear a backyardigans book that plays music. all. day. long.

Unknown said...

Shoot, I'm about to disappear myself!

Dan is hosting a large meeting of surgeons here tonight. They are all downstairs drinking, eating, having adult conversation.

Meanwhile I'm sequestered upstairs with my two wild children and the dog and I wish I had thought to bring some wine up here, b/c I NEED IT NOW!!

Tracie said...

I'll trade you one smelly pet mouse for a Power Ranger. I'll take every annoying toy in your house. Just take the mouse!

Alicia said...

lol...i know the feeling!! except it's thomas the engine over here.... ALL.DAY.LONG....i die! presleys cutting her two top teeth right now... booooo

KristinFilut said...

Oh my! Leigh, you've got quite the swap meet going on in your comments today!

There is an award for you at my page!!!

Jennifer Juniper said...

I'll never tell your secret!

Moooooog35 said...

Hence the origin of the term:

"Why don't you go play in traffic?"

vanilla said...

Ooh. Looks like Laundry won that round. But Leigh will make a comeback!

Ducky said...

I HEAR you on the teething stuff. Girl is working on molars and its seems like it's been three years she's been working on them (she's only 14 months).

Now, we're working on a cold. I won't tell anyone if the RED one disappears....

Danielle said...

What if he lets you play with the blue one?:)

Alice in Wonderland said...

Just tell him that you'll play if you can be the blue one!
Never mind, it could be worse!

2Wired2Tired said...

I've "misplaced" a toy or two in my day too. I feel bad about it for 2 minutes and then the kids find something else to play with that in no time I'm wishing would disappear too!