Thursday, March 4, 2010

Look, I'm domestic AND skinny.

I've lost 15 pounds
since starting Weight Watchers.
Woo hoo!

To celebrate, I am sharing a recipe by delving into my
Weight Watchers five ingredient 15 minute cookbook.
That's right...
five ingredients
15 minutes,
Mommy likes!

Skillet Sheperd's Pie
Points value: 6

I've made this once a week for the past 8 weeks.
It's all cheesy and yummy and warm
on the belly.
It's not exactly gourmet cooking
but it sure is good!

Photobucket

1 pound ground round.
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (14 ounce package refrigerated mashed poatatoes (such as Simply Potatoes)
1/2 cup shredded reduced fat sharp Cheddar cheese

1. Preheat broiler
2.Cook beef in a 10-inch large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until browned,
stirring to crumble. Add frozen peas and carrots, chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt.
(I like to add some BBQ sauce and grilled onions. MMMMMMMMMM BBQ!) Cook 3 minutes until heated.
3. While beef mixture cooks, prepare potatoes according to package directions, using remaining
1/4 teaspoon salt.
4. Spoon potatoes evenly over beef mixture. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Broil 2 minutes or
until cheese melts.
(serving size 1/4 of the skillet)

It's just so simple and
let me tell ya...
my man loves this recipe.
He rubs his tummy and squeezes my knee under the table
and says
"That was yummy!"

Maybe it will be lucky for you too.

29 comments:

Dee at Pedestrian Palate said...

I never eat anything with a face.

Just kidding. That actually sounds delicious and easy.

said...

Major congrats on the 15 lbs!!

nope said...

15 pounds is a lot! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

This does sound good. Might be even better substituting ground turkey? Thanks for sharing!
And congrats on losing 15 pounds, girl!! YOU ARE AWESOME!

Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) said...

Congratulations on the loss, and that picture made me snort out loud from laughing so abruptly.

Sarah RDH said...

Good for you! I'm not a shepard's pie kinda girl, but I've been on my weight loss thing....well I haven't really put the exercise part into it, I'm just trying to stick to lean cuisine's & 100 calorie packs....

Unknown said...

Lo cal, quick to make and stuff I generally have on hand. Life is GREAT! Congrats on the weight loss! You go,gi...nevermind.

extreme personal measures said...

Stopping by from SITS to say Hi!
Please stop by!
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com

This Wife Cooks said...

I never would have thought of shepherd's pie as a Weight Watchers meal!

LisaDay said...

Congrats. I am impressed.

LisaDay

June said...

I'm snagging this recipe for sure!
Cheese, meat and potatoes plus veggies to keep it all balanced - We can do this!

Louise | Italy said...

Looks like great comfort food to me! Greetings from Italy -- Louise.

Kearsie said...

Yum! I have a few WW recipes from the past I might need to resurrect. I have a really good pizza casserole bake thing recipe that I remember being yummified.

Elizabeth said...

What is the points value for 1/4 of the pan?
I have a 1 point chocolate browning muffin recipe. It's DELICIOUS!
Congrats on losing the 15 lbs. I'm back on the WW band wagon too (a lifetime turned had two kids and needs to lose it again).

Karen Mortensen said...

I love Shepherd's pie. It is so good. We use to eat it all the time as a kid. We used to call it Mrs. Shepard's Pie becuase that is our last name.

Caroline said...

Mmmmmmmm! That sounds awesome! I will eat anything with cheddar cheese as an ingredient. I love cheddar cheese almost as much as I love my children! ;)

Seriously, 15 lbs is awesome! Congratulations! After I have this baby, I am going to need to ask you more about how you did it so I can follow suit!

Rebekah @ Mom-In-A-Million said...

That looks yummy and congrats on the 15 lbs!

Katherine said...

Congrats on the 15 pounds. Maybe I need to join Weight Watchers, because what I'm doing isn't working.

w said...

congrats on your weight loss. the shepherd's pie looks really good. i love that stuff. but it doesn't love me back, if you know what i mean.

yeah. you do. cheese + me = love/hate relationship.

Heather (One Take On Life) said...

Congrats on 15 lbs lost! That is terrific. How long have you been on WW. You should post a picture and celebrate. I was a WW lifetimer and then I had kids, now need to get back on the bandwagon.
Recipe looks delicious!

Alicia said...

woohoo!! 15 lbs is awesome!!! i'm allergic to pretty much everything in the shepards pie, but the face alone has me loving it!!

metta1313 said...

Congrats on the weight loss...and when I'm done being dairy free while for Abby, I will have to try this recipe. That face does not scare me!

Danielle said...

I just made that last weekend. It was so good!
Congrats on the 15lbs. That is huge!

Unknown said...

you are dropping lbs like a freshman drops classes...way to go! just don't disappear on us!

Existential Waitress said...

Congrats on the 15 pounds! You go, girl! :)

LeighInHeels said...

Awesome on the 15lbs! WW is such a great plan-I lost alot on it as well! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Look for more of their magazine cookbooks-they are a lifesaver!!

Vanessa said...

Congrats on the weight loss!! :-) One of my friends once said about Shepherd's Pie: "It's so easy Vanessa can make it." So I may have to come back to this and try it -- 15 minutes sounds great!

Anonymous said...

I gotta try this recipe! Congrats on the weight loss! Im down 10 pounds since Jan. 1st.

Lee said...

YAY you!!!