Saturday, May 22, 2010

Je me sens de fantaisie. Translation: I am feeling fancy.

Photobucket


I adore the film Amelie. I make it a point to watch it at least once every six months, just because it makes me so happy. The first time that I saw it in 2001, I marched into the salon that I worked at and demanded that my co-worker dye my hair jet black and cut it just like sweet Amelie. We did just that and I felt so French.

I watched it last night for my semi-annual viewing and although I am not going to dye my hair black in her honor, I will try to be more like Amelie today. I will wear red and green together, even if it's not Christmas. I will flip up the ends of my hair and wear red lipstick. I will do something kind for a stranger today, without them knowing it. I'm not sure what it will be but I will be on the lookout for any opportunity.

If you haven't watched Amelie recently, I suggest that you do as soon as possible. It makes the ordinary moments in life seem just so much more fantastic and that is a beautiful thing! A film like this one is just good for the soul.

8 comments:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

I love Amelie...thanks for reminding me. I should watch it again soon!

Katherine said...

I haven't seen this one. Thanks for the recommendation!

Tom and Karen Mortensen said...

I like what you are going to do.

Babes Mami said...

I have never heard of this one but anything that is good for the soul I am down to check out!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

I know what I'm getting next on Netflix! :)

Mad Woman said...

I am going to try and rent this tomorrow so that I have something to keep me busy while the kids are at school. After all, it's not like I have housework or anything to do. :)

The girl with the flour in her hair said...

I've never seen it, but if it will make me want to wear red lipstick, I'm all for it. I'll have to watch that.

kashif14763 said...

Really very relavant artical with the topic it is good work. http://www.translation.pk