Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Extravaganza 2010 or why my pants won't button.

We have 3 separate Christmas celebrations each year.
It's a whirlwind of
family
,
food, presents, and fun.

Christmas #1 is on Christmas Eve over at my parents' house
and it's always so sweet and wonderful.


Photobucket
Photobucket

My mom made a yummy fig appetizer that was decadent.
I popped those in my mouth non stop
while the boys rolled around in toys and Christmas paraphernalia.

Christmas #2 is at our home.
Here is a before and after shot of our Christmas tree.
I have no photos of the presents being opened
because I was busy helping Koen open his
but trust me, it was spectacular.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Almost as spectacular as the cinnamon rolls
that I made for breakfast.


Christmas #3 is at my Mother-in-law's house.
She always has the most beautiful decorations set up.

Photobucket

Did I mention that there were cookies galore?
Okay, I'll admit it, Koen ate cookies for lunch
and walked around with cookie crumbs
and a grin on his face the entire time.
I might have had one or ten cookies myself.

We had an amazing Christmas and
I hope that you had a wonderful holiday too.


Photobucket

16 comments:

Elizabeth Lyng said...

Oh yes, my pants don't button either, thanks to the sweets around here. I think it's time for a sugar detox. Looks like you all put some Merry into Christmas - glad it was so nice!

Katherine said...

I love the before and after Christmas presents shot. All 3 of those Christmases look absolutely beautiful.

When we lived closer to family, we always had at least 2 Christmases. I love it that way.

MommyLisa said...

I think people have a lot of Christmas celebrations...for good or bad.

I need sugar detox too!

Julie Rodgers said...

Love these pictures! Your Christmas looks wonderful. We had snow in Alabama for the first time on Christmas that I ever remember. It was magical. Oh and, my pants no longer button either. . . I could blame it on the fact that I'm 14 weeks pregnant with my fifth child, but the pants and I both know it was the fudge. . . :) Merry Christmas!

R Montalban said...

You do look like you had a lovely Christmas and that is so great to hear.

Tracie Nall said...

Our Christmas was great....just not enough cookies!

All three of yours look fun, beautiful, and yummy!

Susan Anderson said...

We ate a few cookies ourselves...among other things! And the kids were loving the lack of parental attention to eating appropriateness.

Looks like you and the kids had a Christmas filled with wonder!!

=)

Anne-Marie said...

Love all the photos. My favorite is the before and after tree photos! =) Looking at the comments, it looks like I'm in good company with that =)

The photos of your son are adorable. What a cutie ...

Caroline said...

Looks like y'all had a great Christmas!! Those fig appetizers that your mom made look AWESOME.

p.s. My kids have eaten cookies for lunch on several occasions this holiday season--including some ice cream for supper!

Anonymous said...

I love these. Gorgeous photos!

Brooke said...

Um, yeah, my boys had cookies for breakfast on Christmas morning. And loved every minute of it :D Looks like a FAB Christmas for everyone. Love all the photos.

Unknown said...

Oh man, all the food looks SO good! Great captures. I love your tree both before AND after! :)

Rebekah said...

I love that picture of the Christmas Aftermath!

Colleen said...

So much yumminess! Looks like you had a lot of wonderfulness this year!

Renegades said...

Your Christmas tree is so so pretty.

C.G. Koens said...

Looks like you had a truly wonderful Christmas - all three times! Pants a bit tight here too. {sigh} That's what the New Year is for though! ;-)