Tuesday, April 26, 2011

52 Weeks of Happiness :: Week 8

Photobucket

The thrill of an Easter Egg hunt.

One aspect that I love about motherhood
is watching my children experience
things that I loved as a child.

Some things stay constant in this ever changing world
and that is how the hunt unfolds.
It makes me happy that I can count on the fact that
it still happens the same way, every single time.

Photobucket

The children line up with baskets in hand.
The little girls wear bright
pastel dresses and Mary Jane shoes.

Everyone looks so sweet and fancy
as the tension builds.

Photobucket

Someone shouts
"Ready, Set, Go!"
and it's unbridled chaos.
Children dart in every direction
and there is squealing and laughter.
Sometimes people get an elbow to the gut,
it's all part of the hunt.

Photobucket

When all the eggs are found,
they are lined up and sorted.
Then the real fun begins...
hogging out on chocolate bunnies and jellybeans.

Photobucket

I just love Easter
and watching my children enjoy celebrating
the holiday with rosy cheeks and a head full of sugary delights!

Photobucket



Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.


30 comments:

R Montalban said...

I love it too, painting eggs and racing them down hill and watching them smash, love it, love it, love it (and so does Dexter :-))

Sara said...

Oh I love the hunt of Easter eggs! It's so fun to watch the kid's excitement.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I love watching the kids at Easter egg hunts too. Congrats on being a part of BlogHer too.

Unknown said...

Our town had one scheduled for Saturday that got rained out but we had one here at home...

patty said...

love the motion in your 3rd shot...
and yes, there's something about kids, and bunnies, and chocolate. yes, the chocolate! ;)

www.findingserendipity.com

Courtney said...

So cute! You got some great shots!

Unknown said...

Looks like a great Easter! I've got to get on blogger network too!

Heather H said...

Very cute! I love a good Easter egg hunt too!

Jenn said...

Great shots... looks like a fun Easter.

Jessica said...

My babies are to "old" to decorate egggs. :-( Oh well, love your shots!!!

Unknown said...

I love that too! And now that my kids are grown up its so sad...no hunts...

SarahMarie said...

Love the pictures. I think the best part of my Easter was having Keira wake up the next day and ask if we could do it again.

Tracie Nall said...

So much fun!! Beneath all those cute pastels....lurk egg hunting maniacs. =) And it is great every year.

deb duty said...

These are such fun hunt pictures! I really love that first one before the chaos!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos! I also love watching the kids hunt for their Easter eggs. We make it a tad more difficult, but not to hard because they are still little. :D

MommyLovesStilettos said...

:) Love the pictures.

Egg hunts are my favorite :) My kids are very competitive so it's usually pretty funny :)

QueenScarlett said...

Love the anticipation too! So glad you're tweeting! Cheers & Congrats!!!

Marla said...

Wonderful shots. :)

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Susan Anderson said...

Great pictures! And those are some pretty neat Easter baskets, too.

=)

Coffee Lovin' Mom said...

I always love your photos!

Ducky said...

Easter this year was so amazing with Lil Duck. I have such awesome pictures and such wonderful memories. I love your egg hunting photos! As always you've captured such beautiful moments!

Kelly Lund and Kids said...

Oh what fun!!! Happy times :)

Linda D. said...

Love that "Little kids" hunt eggs that are just laying around a mown field! No having to look under bushes for them. The fun is just in getting eggs in their baskets! Nice if all of life unfolded in such a charming way!

FYH said...

Love the easter egg hunt and your processing is just beautiful!

Katherine said...

That looks like so much fun. I've never participated in a large Easter egg hunt, just small ones in our backyard.

Chasity said...

The Egg Hunt looks like pure joy!

Tiffany said...

Great shots...congrats on Blogher:)

Tiffany

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

Great Easter shots -- and congrats!

Caroline said...

I LOVED all of these pictures: the colors, the energy in the shots, the lining up of the eggs (too cute!). I find that i am living my childhood again through my children. Not sure if that is healthy (Ha!) but we are having fun with it!
Great post, Leigh.

from mel said...

what FUN!!!!!! i love this new look and all your fun ideas (and that you're on twitter :)