Wednesday, April 27, 2011

An Ode the Wildest Girls in Town.

Photobucket

I think that wild flowers
are the most brazen of all the flowers
and have a deep respect for them.

Photobucket

No one plants them,
they grow where ever they sprout up.
No one tends to them,
they can take care of themselves.

They are so much more bawdy
than a pruned rose bush that blooms in a person's front yard.
These are not pampered flowers.
They are resilient.

Photobucket

They usually hang around the side of the road.
Sometimes, they even creep right up to the asphalt.
They almost look defiant as they line up beside the road.
Their beautiful colors seem so bold
next to the hot concrete.

Photobucket

They bend in the rush of the cars passing by
and the wind flutters their petals.
They must feel so much freedom and exhilaration
as they sway and spin around.

Photobucket

I'd like to think that if I were a flower
that I would be one of these gutsy girls.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

OH that is the thing I love most about Kentucky. We are covered with wild flowers that grow and bloom and stand daringly in their hats like ladies at the Kentucky Derby.

Anonymous said...

great pics!

Linda D. said...

Thanks to you for opening my eyes to a new way to enjoy the riotous beauty of those "wild" flower ladies!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Beautiful flowers. I love how resilient they are.

R Montalban said...

I think you just might be ;-)

Susan Anderson said...

I love those descriptions of yours...

"brazen, bawdy, bold."

Wildflowers are my favorite.

=)

Caroline said...

I love this. SO true. Wildflowers are always more beautiful and unexpected than the cultivated kinds. :)

My Captivating Life said...

That is an awesome way to think of wild flowers!