Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Stay at Home Mom Chronicles :: Morning Playtime

I'm realizing that my days around here seem to run together.
Ordinary moments unfold around me daily
and I need to stop and relish in them.
One day, my boys will be out living life
and I will miss these everyday experiences.

So, I am taking the time to document
the simple moments that pass between us.
I'm calling this little collection of memories...

<span class=



Photobucket

Morning playtime with Koen.

With Griffin back in school
I spend most of my mornings playing with my toddler.

I'm finding as he marches quickly towards
his preschool days that he enjoys
doing many of the same things that Griffin did at his age.

We sprawl out on the floor with a sticker book
and a mid-morning snack
and it feels so familiar
I did this many many times
with his older brother.

Photobucket

We play grocery store and as
he earnestly pushes his little
shopping cart around the living room
my heart thumps with the memory
of Griffin pushing the same cart.

These playful milestones mean so much
as I know how fleeting these early years are.

With Koen being my last baby
I am cherishing sticker books
and pretend cash registers.

Because once he outgrows playing with them
they will not make it back on the shelf.
We will pass them on to younger kids to enjoy.

These playful mornings and well loved toys
have a special place in my heart
and I am so thankful that I get to
relive these familiar two year old days
a few more times.

Soon they will be a distant memory
as my littlest one is growing up way too fast.
I've got to pause and really enjoy it.

5 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I feel the same way about my last baby. I''m cherishing all those little moments knowing they are the last.

Linda D. said...

You are not only showing love to your little guy but you are also exposing him to vocabulary words, literacy concepts, story ideas, and a playful way of learning. As an ex-prek teacher I just had to add that little comment. Good job, Mom!

Susan Anderson said...

You are a wise woman!

=)

Eat. Live. Laugh. and sometimes shop! said...

It does indeed fly by much too quickly! You are wise to sit back and enjoy those precious, fleeting moments!

Adrienne at La Vita e Bella said...

As a teacher, I love seeing parents teach at home so this post really rang true for me. Thanks for stopping by my site. Look forward to seeing more!

Adrienne
http://www.lavitaebellaamp.com