Tuesday, January 29, 2013

52 Weeks of Happiness :: Week 47


We hit a pretty major milestone over the weekend.
Koen had his first target practice with a BB gun.

This may not sound like a big deal,
but after years of being forced to sit in my lap in our backyard
and watch as Griffin shot his BB gun,
our little guy was super duper thrilled.

Daddy helped him aim every single time
which soothed my mama nerves.
 

The shouts of excitement 
were just so awesome as he ran over
to marvel at the soda cans he knocked over.


I don't know why little boys find shooting
holes into a box so thrilling.

It's the funnest thing ever in their little world. 


It's pretty amazing to watch the comradery between them.
Griffin was so proud of his little brother
and swooped him up in his arms in celebration
after every single check of the target.

They come from a long line of hunters
and I love knowing that they will grow up
with a deep respect and plenty of safety knowledge of the culture.

 I adore my little sharp shooters.


Photobucket



Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.





8 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Awww....how exciting is that!?

Gina Kleinworth said...

Oh I think this is fabulous! Target practice is so fun- no matter the age or gender.

Unknown said...

they look excited!

Katherine said...

You are so much braver than I am. The thought of BB guns in my boys hands scares me to death. But then, there is that look of amazing excitement...

Linda D. said...

BB guns and little guys just seem to go together. I remember my own little guy (now an adult) at 4 years old practicing with his BB gun at the lake with Grandparents! What happy memories!

Linda D. said...

BTW who won Freak show Friday?

UBERMOUTH said...

Maybe you should instead teach your kids to respect ALL life and to be KIND to animals instead? Now that would be worthy of your pride.

Andrea said...

The congratulatory hug is priceless!