Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Stay at Home Mom Chronicles : Book Orders


My days around here seem to run together.
Ordinary moments unfold around me daily
and I need to stop and relish in them.

One day, my boys will be out living life
and I will miss these everyday experiences.

So, I am taking the time to document
the simple moments that pass between us.
I'm calling this little collection of memories...

Photobucket

The Excitement of Book Orders

One of the best parts of being a kid
is coming home from school
with Scholastic book orders.

Griffin just loves sitting down
and looking for books
that he wants to order. 


He actually sits in one place
for an extended amount of time
and gets completely engrossed
in the search.

He circles the books that he wants
and then we sit together
and talk about all the books
and then he narrows down 
his decision.    

He feels so big when
he gets to be the one to fill out the order form.  


I get a kick out of sitting down
after he goes to bed and 
scanning the pages for all the books 
that he took the time to circle.

I love that he has a love for reading.
I love that it's such an even in our home
to pour over the book order
and imagine all the possibilities of each story.

The hopeful little circles that he draws
will forever be a memory
of his childhood for me.

4 comments:

Jenna Hatfield said...

I love, love, love book orders. They're one of my favorite little gems of the month.

-Jenna stopdropandblog.com

Angelwithatwist said...

Ugh they stop doing book orders in middle school. My kids loved it. My middle one is the reader of the family.. hands down.

Linda D. said...

So sweet!

Susan Anderson said...

I used to love this, too. It was so exciting to pick out and order the books.

Good memories!

=)