Friday, September 18, 2009

Forever grateful


If I had the gumption and a higher pain threshold I would be walking into a tattoo parlor right now. I would slap this lovely image on the counter and demand that they tat the word "MOM" on my upper right arm, sailor style. My mom deserves some form of tribute for what she has done for me this week.

From the moment I stepped into her living room last Saturday with the chills and a fever, she has been there for me. You see, Mastitis can make you feel like you are about to die. I don't remember the last time I felt so sick. Well, God bless my mommy because she has been a HUGE help. She dropped everything and stayed with us all week. She's cooked dinner, loaded the dishwasher, done load after load of laundry, slept on a really uncomfortable pull out couch, and taken over Koen duty at 4 am. She has done all of this with a smile and all that she asked from me was that I rested and recovered.

She teaches me on a daily basis how to be a good mom by being a good mom to me. Still, at the ripe age of 34, she fosters me with such love and devotion. I learn unconditional love from being loved by her. I look at my boys and hope that they feel the same devotion coming from me to them.

We are blessed to live 5 minutes away from my parents. I love it that she comes with me to pick Griffin up from school on a regular basis. I love it that she goes grocery shopping with us so that I don't have to wrangle two kids while I shop. I love it that she goes on Pediatrician appointments with me.

I am spoiled rotten and it's all because she loves me. What more could a daughter ask for? Maybe we should get imaginary matching Mother/Daughter tattoos.

8 comments:

2Wired2Tired said...

Aren't moms wondeful? I was very sick after Logan was born for four months, my mom practically lived with us. I only hope we can be as good to our kids as our moms have been to us.

It sounds like you are feeling better, glad to hear you're on the mend.

Lee said...

I know what you mean. My mom is my best friend. I don't know what I would do without her!

said...

What an endearing tribute to you mom! She sounds like an absolute gem, and so do you. :o)

Anti-Supermom said...

My mom is in Iowa, three stinkin' hours away from us, so there is little of the 'dropping in to help me' scenarios.

You are very lucky, I'm jealous ;)

Hope you are feeling better now, all I can say is: ouch!

Emily W said...

You are lucky!
(there's always the Sharpie version)

Theta Mom said...

I know exactly what you mean! My mom stayed with me for TWO whole weeks after each of my kids were born. She truly is one of my best friends and I can only hope that my daughter feels that way about me someday.

BTW, totally loving your blog. I just added you button to my page! :)

Dorkys Ramos said...

I swear moms are the best medicine sometimes. And no matter how old we get, we still want them to come take care of us when we get a boo boo.

Cougar Tales said...

You are so luck that you live only 5 min away from your mom! Thanks for stopping by - Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!
- Cougar Tales
www.cougar-tales.blogspot.com