Tuesday, March 22, 2011

52 Weeks of Happiness :: Week 3

Photobucket

A day spent at the zoo.

My mom and I packed the boys up and headed to the Atlanta Zoo
last week in celebration of Spring Break.
Roger took the morning off from work and met us there,
so we were all together on a weekday, which is rare.

Photobucket

I have a compulsion to hug animals that could scratch my face off.
They look so cute and in need of some lovin'.

The animals that really did me in were the Pandas.
Look at that little Red Panda, it wants to be friends.
Oh...and thank God there was a barrier
between me and the Mama Panda
because I just wanted to curl up in her lap and suck my thumb.


Photobucket

The best part was watching the children experience it all.

Koen was fascinated by every single animal
and wanted to linger and point and squeal.
It was almost like I was seeing it all
for the first time with him.
The world seems so much more delightful
when you see it through a child's eyes.

Griffin was too excited to stay still
and was running to the next habitat
before we were done with the first one.

It was the perfect way to spend a sunny day.

Photobucket



Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.

30 comments:

Little Hatchlings said...

my daughter is obsessed with pandas. Wait until I show her the little red panda. That's awesome! Looks like the boys were having a fantastic time too.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I feel the same way about wanting to hug those cute animals that can scratch your face off. Your son is so cute and excited too.

deb duty said...

We did the same thing on our break last week. It was so fun! Love your zoo shots!

R Montalban said...

I am so excited about us getting Panda's over here later this year in our zoo. sounds like you had a great day :-)

4 Lettre Words said...

We pretty much love anything soft and breathing!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Cute photos!

Unknown said...

Happy Spring!!

FYH said...

Great Zoo shots!

Maude Lynn said...

Marvelous pictures!

Caution/Lisa said...

Stop it already, Leigh. You're making me want to have a better attitude toward the zoo!

Unknown said...

Just precious. I love that you said you like to hug things that could rip your face off! Because that's just what I think! Never mind horses and kitties. I want a polar bear!

Susan said...

Wow...what an AWESOME Zoo!! Great shots.

Thought I would join you this week.

So nice to meet you♥

SarahMarie said...

We love visiting the zoo. The kids can't wait until it warms up so we can go back there.

Jessica said...

Love the zoo!!! I drag my big kids there from time to time...LOL

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Love the pictures!!! My husband still loves to go to the zoo. I think he always will!! Well, I do too. ;)

Sara said...

Such Fun!!! I love the zoo :)

Cathy said...

I love the zoo! I feel like a big kid when I'm there.

Ducky said...

I LOVE going to the zoo with Lil Duck! And it never fails that she finds and animal and stumps me with asking what sound it makes. No doubt I've warped her education by making stuff up *grin*

Kelly Lund and Kids said...

What a perfect day :) Great Pics!

Susan Anderson said...

Wonderful day with pictures to match!

=)

Ashley Sisk said...

I do love the zoo - I need to remember to go early this year before the heat really sets in!

Pieni Lintu said...

Looks fun!! :)

Danyelle said...

My daughter is on spring break this week and she really wants to go to the zoo too.

Gina Kleinworth said...

Oh my- flamingos are one of my favs!!

Actuary Mom said...

I love the pandas too! Sounds like a fantastic day.

Coffee Lovin' Mom said...

I can't wait to get to the zoo..we have spring break next week

Caroline said...

Oh my goodness Koen is growing up before our very eyes. The last picture of him--he looks like a big boy! It looks and sounds like y'all had a fun day--I love the zoo too.

Gretchen said...

The zoo is such a fun place... for most everyone! I need to head that way soon. Wonderful shots!! =)

Unknown said...

Great pics! Finally was able to get my first post up...thanks for letting me join in!

Jeanne said...

Hi! I have panda pictures too!

http://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/2011/03/china-finds.html

http://jeanneselep.blogspot.com/2011/01/panda.html