Tuesday, April 19, 2011

52 Weeks of Happiness :: Week 7

Photobucket

Going out on a date with my dad.

My father took me out to lunch
at a great little BBQ joint up the street...
just the two of us.

Photobucket

I tried my hardest to eat healthy and my food was yummy
but I'm not gonna lie, as we sat and chatted about childhood memories, I was having serious food envy.
Somehow my grilled chicken strips and salad
didn't measure up to his plate of fried goodness.


My dad's french fries were taunting me.
When he pushed his plate away, I noticed a few stragglers.
"Are you going to eat those?" I asked him.
He took pity on me and I had his french fries for dessert.

It wasn't pretty.


Then, he did something super special.
He took me to the mall and bought me make up.
I felt so pampered and loved as
we approached the Bobbi Brown counter.


Photobucket

He splurged and got me whatever my heart desired.
New rosy lipstick and two fancy eyeliners
came home with me.
I had to vamp it up, I felt so girly.

Photobucket

He was even a good sport and didn't
complain too much when all that money
he had spent fit into a teeny tiny bag.

It didn't stop there though.
He then offered to take me clothes shopping.
I cried I was so excited!
I've lost 20 pounds
and even though I have more to lose,
it felt good to try clothes a size smaller.

Photobucket

I felt so spoiled as I tried on summer dresses.
"When do you ever do anything for yourself?"
My dad said as I came out in outfits.

He was so right...
I do deserve a little splurge now and again.
We actually had a great time shopping together.

Photobucket

He meandered around the store while I tried on clothes
and somehow I always found him by the swim suit display.
He eventually took refuge in the Misses department

We left with shopping bags full of clothes and make up.
It was such a fun and amazing day.

I love you Dad!

Photobucket



Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.

42 comments:

FYH said...

Looks like a fun day out...beautiful shots!

Tiffany said...

What a great day....what a good sport! Love the one "resting" in the swim suit department:)

Tiffany

Sara said...

What a great day with your dad! And buying makeup, go dad!

Heather H said...

That is awesome! Your dad is a special guy...my dad hasn't ever taken me to lunch, much less shopping! And congrats on the weight loss! Also awesome!

deb duty said...

What a lovely day! Congrats on losing weight. Unfortunatley I gained over the past year and it's no fun trying to take it back off!

Pieni Lintu said...

How lovely! :)

Lucy said...

That is soooo cute!!!!! A sweet little memory!

Courtney said...

What a great dad! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Unknown said...

So funny! I wish I was brave enough to take my camera shopping!

Danyelle said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day!

Anonymous said...

How awesome! Looks like a wonderful time!

Dawna said...

My dad has never been one who enjoys shopping... And we're currently on opposite coast lines. It looks like you and your dad had a great time, though, which is great!

Just dropping by for my first round of 52 Weeks....

Hope the rest of the week is a good one for you!

Jessica said...

Looks like a fun day for you and your dad!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, I just love that. What a great memory. Makes me miss my Daddy.

R Montalban said...

What a lovely story, and what a great Dad you have. Well done you too for all your efforts in weight loss, you look fabulous :-)

Unknown said...

What a great day, and awesome dad!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Your dad sounds awesome. Congrats on the weight loss. I love the shot of your dad resting.

Jenn said...

That sounds like a wonderful day! It looks like you had a great time.

Katherine said...

What a wonderful day with your dad! That is so special.

Caution/Lisa said...

That's beautiful. A daddy/daughter relationship that's as sweet as can be.

Halie said...

Looks like you had a blast with your date. Go, dad!

Congratulations on the weight loss even if sometimes the road towards fitness is paved with oily temptations. =)

SarahMarie said...

What a wonderful day! It reminds me that I haven't hung out with my dad in a long time. I better do that soon. :)

Ashley Sisk said...

Your dad is awesome - looks like such a great day!

Little Hatchlings said...

Your dad is a GOOD man! I don't know of one man that is patient enough to go shopping with a woman. KUDOS to your dad!

Tracie Nall said...

Best Dad EVER!!!

I super love the look on his face in the picture with the teeny bag of make-up. So cute!

You totally deserved such a special day...and it was so great of him to do that for you. Definitely a happy day!

Michelle Pixie said...

My heart is full of happiness for you and your day with your dad and is broken for myself as I will never get to have one of those days again with mine. I relish the memories! Hug your dads!

Moments and Impressions said...

What an awesome day! This had me in tears. I love him by the swimsuits!

Susan Anderson said...

Your dad seems like a great guy! What a fun day for both of you.

=)

Unknown said...

This is such a cute, fabulous post. I love the photo of your dad holding that tiny little bag of make-up. :)

Melissa said...

I love that last picture of your dad with his hat down over his eyes. Makes me miss my dad, and want to go hang out with him :)

Gina Kleinworth said...

Congrats to you for all your hard work Leigh! Love your hair & the fact that you went on a date with your dad. I miss that- I used to go out to lunch with my dad every payday when we worked at the same company- it was really nice to just have him to myself for that 1 hour every 2 weeks. Really love this post & all the memories it brought back!

Anonymous said...

I really envy people who have such a great relationship with their Dad. It looks like you both had a wonderful time together! Congrats on the weight loss.

Unknown said...

This is priceless. Your Dad is awesome.

Alyssa S. said...

I sit here smiling for you :) My Daddy passed 12 years ago and I'd kill for moments like that with him. He was definitely gone too early. WOOO HOOO for losing 20 lbs. That dress is gorgeous and you look great in it. I'd con anyone's Dad into taking ME makeup shopping. As much as I know he loved me, he seriously would have ditched me once he saw me walking towards a makeup counter :)

patty said...

what a wonderful dad! i think he loves you!! ;)
xo
patty@findingserendipity.com

Jaclyn said...

This post makes me tear up. What a wonderful relationship you have with your father! I'm so happy you chose to share the outing and the photos with us.

from mel said...

this post made me tear up. what a dad you have.

Christy said...

Darling post Leigh! I laughed SO hard at the photo of him next to the bathing suits. Brava for your weight loss, you deserve to be pampered regardless! We are so lucky to have rad Dad's. Grande amore!

Caroline said...

Oh my great goodness your dad sounds as awesome as your mom.
And--
You look AMAZING. Well, you always look gorgeous, but even more so because you are being pampered by your daddy.
I love the photo of him by the swimsuits. Cracks me up! Priceless and the exact spot my dad would choose.
Bobbi Brown make-up is awesome.
So glad y'all had such a great daddy-daughter date. Aren't dads the best!?

Coffee Lovin' Mom said...

My dad would never have all the patience yours does - mine wouldn't have lasted half as long!

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

Yes! Shopping and greasy food. Your dad sounds like fun. :)

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

Yes! Shopping and greasy food. Your dad sounds like fun. :)