Thursday, April 14, 2011

Happy Breakfast to the Rescue!

Koen had a nightmare last night.
I found him screaming in his crib.
He had a bad dream about his monkey night light.
I know this because he was pointing
to it with a trembling finger
and saying "Monkey light!" between sobs.

I swooped him up and held him tight.
He shook in my arms as I removed
monkey night light from his room.

We settled back down and he fell fast asleep.

He then decided to wake up
on the hour every hour last night
to tell me about his bad dream
and to make sure that the light was still gone.

He wanted hugs and sweet songs.
I took pity on him and had a long night last night
that was full of many discussions about night lights
and monkeys and the removal of monkey night lights.

I woke up in the doldrums this morning.
My poor brain unable to process my thoughts,
I thought for sure that I would
have nothing to post today.


Then, I saw The Breakfast Project
and perked up right away.
Who can be grumpy with toast smiling at you?

Not me...
my day officially has turned around.

I hope that it made you smile too.

8 comments:

LisaDay said...

Your toast is happy to see you. I thought the pancake looked monkeyish.

LisaDay

Katherine said...

What a great way to start the day. I'm going to have to do this!

Jenn said...

I make micky mouse pancakes some mornings... but some of those examples take breakfast creativity to a higher level. Cute!

R Montalban said...

happy food for happy thoughts :-)

Susan Anderson said...

It does! Nothing like some friendly breakfast to greet you in the morning!

=)

PS. Maybe you should let him pick out a "protector" night light of some kind...whatever makes him feel safe...and tell him it keeps monkey night lights away.

Unknown said...

How cute are those?? Those are stinkin adorable I want happy toast...Poor little feller I hope you can find him a nightlight that doesn't give him nightmares.

Susan said...

Aww, happy toast is a great way to start the day. I especially love the last one.

Caroline said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen!! now, who can turn down a smiling pancake?
It always hurts my heart when the girls have scary dreams. I always feel so helpless. This is a great way to do something cheerful for them in the morning.

thanks for sharing the link!xo