Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Man Who Loves Trees : Part 1

My father is a lover of trees.
I remember once, we were riding in the car together
and I admired a house as we drove past it.
He told me "All I see are trees, that's all I see."

So, I was honored when he asked me
to photograph some trees in his neighborhood
that had caught his eye.

Photobucket

The flowers are out now in all their glory
and it was a perfectly sunny day to go on a hunt together.

Photobucket

It seemed that every turn there was
a tree calling to him, I swear
that the two communicate.

Photobucket

I honestly believe that the trees bloom just for him.

Photobucket

It's a beautiful romance that blossoms between them.
Spring is so spectacular in my town
and I know for certain
that it's even more wonderful
when seen through the eyes of my father.

Photobucket

Of course, I like to poke my head right up
to the flowers and say hello.
They almost seem to smile as I greet them,
their beautiful faces soak in the warmth from above.

Photobucket

They shimmer and glisten beneath the sun
and I swear that I will never tire of admiring the trees.

I must be my Dad's girl.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never seen so many colors together so closely on trees as these. They are very beautiful. What a wonderful thing that you can share. I think it's so sweet that you both ventured out together to take these pictures.

Unknown said...

I think it is awesome that you two have a mutual love for the beauty found in things many take for granted. Like your dad I love when the trees bloom. Here in KY we have some of the deepest red bloom trees that just take my breath every time I see them in bloom

Caroline said...

Leigh, these are absolutely gorgeous. Our trees are not yet quite in bloom here so I'm living vicariously through your pictures!
Like daddy, like daughter--and what a great thing to share: a love of horticulture! :)

LisaDay said...

Thank you for sharing a bit of spring with me.

LisaDay

Jenn said...

Those trees are certainly stunning. Nice photos.

R Montalban said...

That is so lovely that you got to share this together, and I love how the last part of this you saw something in it through your own eyes too. What a lovely memory and experience you got there.

Susan Anderson said...

Wowza! Those are gorgeous!

And I am a big fan of trees, myself.

=)

Katherine said...

Those dogwoods are just breath-taking. I miss dogwoods.