Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Leigh vs. Fudge Puppies

Photobucket

The battle rages on in my kitchen.

I decided to make a little treat for a special
"Daddy and Me Day" at Griffin's school.
I made Fudge Puppies
because it does not involve turning on the oven.

The concept is simple...
toast Belgian Waffles,
shove a stick in the waffle,
freeze waffles for half an hour,
then dip the waffle in melted chocolate.

Easy enough, right?
My advice...don't make the chocolate too thick
because they will come out super ugly and lumpy after you dip them.
Also, since you can't very well serve an ugly Fudge Puppy,
I would advise not to eat the ugly ones up as you prepare them.

You will get a tummy ache.
I speak from experience.

Other than that,
I made a bunch of pretty ones too.
So, I'm almost certain that I won this battle in the kitchen.

Let's check in with Vera,
the lovely lady that is keeping score today...

Photobucket

Yup...I totally took this one,
for those of you that are keeping track.

8 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

What a great idea! I will definitely try these.

Unknown said...

Well how cute are those.. I have never heard of them but now it is something that I will think about for a snack one day.. Too cute.
I know you totally owned those fudge puppies.

Cluttered Brain said...

Yum! nomnomnom...
i want some now.

Jenn said...

Those are cute... Yep I'd say you won this round.

Bonita Rose said...

fab idea, xo hugs I am participating in WILW this week too! so happy to visit you!

Caroline said...

YUMMMMMM. Oh my goodness I am hungry now. I will have to try these with the girls! xo

Susan Anderson said...

Fudge puppies, huh? I LIKE them.

=)

Linda D. said...

Yummy for the tummy! Good for guys and gals of all ages and sizes (Well maybe NOT sizes).