Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Front Yard is Confused

Photobucket

I have some very confused Daffodils in my yard
that decided to show up early this year.
Although I love seeing their
cheerful yellow faces in my yard,
I must admit that it is a bit strange
to see them pop up as early as January.

Photobucket

Just across my yard, the paper thin leaves
left behind from fall cling to the trees as they
shiver and shake in the gentle winter wind.

They look so perplexed,
like they are shaking their heads in wonder
at the sight of the early blooms.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It never ceases to amaze me how the daffodils here will spring up in the middle of snow. So beautiful when they do that.

Masala Chica said...

Isn't that the beauty of nature? Those transitions when a flower pops up early or the leaves haven't yet transitioned to orange but are more of a blazing red? I love when nature gets just a teensy bit confused and you have something beautiful and unexpected come out of it. Gorgeous pictures, BTW.

Linda D. said...

Oh yes, it's that time of year. It's always amazing to me when confused daffodils and tulip trees are faced with a later winter/early spring frost that they somehow recover and look more glorious than ever.

Thanks for the pretty photos, too.

Caroline said...

I'm confused too! It has been such a weird winter for us here (super warm one day hen cold the next) and I am convinced that the wacky weather is the reason we've all literally been sick since Christmas!

Susan Anderson said...

It's all so strange this year, isn't it?

I'm hoping to a return to normalcy in 2013. It's all kind of unsettling!

=)

Tracie Nall said...

The weather in general seems more confused this year.

It sure is nice to have those little yellow faces looking up at you though, in defiance of all that winter business.