Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mama Got a New Couch!

Roger and I were doing a little spring cleaning over the weekend.
We came to the conclusion that our couch was on it's last leg.

It was covered in 7 years worth of "kid mess" and looked
like it belonged in the dump.
So, on a whim, we took it to live in a new home...
the dump.

We didn't think it through,
we just tossed it.

Then, we were couch-less.

DSC_0276-2

We pulled out all the chairs we had in the house.
It looked like the 4 bears lived in our home.

Then, we set out on a quest for a new couch.
Luckily, we found a great sale
and with a little help from my mama
(because your kids are never too old to need help from mama)
we found a glorious new couch.

DSC_0300

It was delivered yesterday and Koen
was so excited to see a big delivery truck in our driveway.
He thinks that delivery guys are the coolest thing in the world.

It was quite an event.

DSC_0304-2

The guys were really sweet to Koen,
talking to him about their job
and even letting him help carry stuff in.

DSC_0275_1

Our new couch is fanc-y!
It's really making our place look classy!
Mama is happy!

7 comments:

angel shrout said...

OH that is gorgeous. I love thoe couches but I can't sit on them without shocking the pee water out of myself and everyone around me.. I hate static electricity.

UBERMOUTH said...

That's a beautiful; couch for a beautiful house. can you look out at your view from the window though?

I meant to have replied to your lovely letter but accidentally deleted it and no longer have your addy,Leigh.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Beautiful couch. Enjoy it.

Em S said...

Nice!

Sue said...

Nice couch! Love the size and shape of it.

=)

Katherine said...

Love it! I keep wanting a new couch, and then remembering that ours in only 5 years old. I think it can handle a few more years of abuse.

Linda D. said...

Wow, that's one pretty couch, although I do think those 4 bears chairs were pretty cute!