Tuesday, August 28, 2012

52 Weeks of Happiness :: Week 25

Untitled

My mom and I joined the YWCO near our house
and we've been spending some time
swimming laps and doing water aerobics together.

It's time for this Mama to get back into shape
and I think that swimming is a super fun way
to get my body moving.

The place is swarming with old folks
but I like it.

It makes me feel like a spring chicken.

Untitled-2

Of course, I had to get a retro swim cap
because we all know that working out
is so much more awesome when you look fancy!

Untitled

A water aerobics class meets
at the same time that we go to swim.
I tried it once and it was actually
really scary because I was
surrounded by 80 year old ladies
during their social hour.

Most of them gave me the stink eye
because I'm young and maybe
they were jealous of my snazzy swim cap.

I love being around old people though
and hope that when I'm 80 years old
that I'm full of spice,
gabbing away with my girlfriends,
and giving middle-aged moms dirty looks!

DSC_0044

Perhaps the thing that makes me the happiest
is this old Kenny Rogers poster
that hangs in the hallway
outside the ladies locker room.

I like to imagine that he's serenading
me as I walk down the hall to go work out.

Sometimes he sings "The Gambler".
It makes me smile!

Photobucket



Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.


17 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Good for you!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Love your swim cap!

Pieni Lintu said...

You look so cute with that cap! :)

Unknown said...

The swim cap is too cute. The gym we used to be part of had water aerobics class as well. Without fail we would get there during it.

Linda D. said...

Love that you're supporting the local Y and sporting a sassy, retro look with that awesome swim cap!
Have fun!

Gina Kleinworth said...

I think this is FABULOUS!!!! Plus I adore your swim cap. I would totally love to do this if there was something like it here & I had someone to go with. No pressure & good exercise. What more could one ask for?!

Unknown said...

Good for you. Can I say I'm envious of your retro cap.

Unknown said...

That's so funny!! Love your swim cap!

Anonymous said...

Your swim cap is adorable!!
Laurie @ Pride in Photos

w said...

i love being around seniors. also. i would snap that swim cap off of you in a second.

Sarah Halstead said...

I love these and your swim cap!! Adorable!!

Susan said...

You are too funny! Love your cute swim cap shot, and that Kenny sings to you! (Loved that song!)

Anonymous said...

Oooo love the cap!

new follower here...
angela @ http://tractorenvy.blogspot.com/

Susan Anderson said...

it's funny that the old ladies were giving you dirty looks. I would have thought they'd enjoy having some young blood around...

;)

Andrea said...

Ooooh, I have a winter hat with a similar look to that swim cap. It looks great on you--you might need to look for an all weather version! (or just wear that I suppose!) :)

Caroline said...

I missed this one!!!

I love your swim cap! You have this ability to make any occasion look stylish!

And old ladies giving the stink eye? I love it. Let's plan on taking a class like this when we're 80. I bet it WAS because of your awesome cap. Jealous old cutie pies. ;)

Rahmath said...

Cute cap :) Love the flowers on it!