Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fall Leaves are Fleeting Friends

Last week was a hard week. 
Griffin had a nasty case of pneumonia
and was home from school. 

My poor child was a coughing mess
and a very needy patient. 
I adore that sweet boy but he knows how
to make a mama work hard when he's not feeling well. 

DSC_0089-2

As we drove back and forth
from the doctor to the pharmacy
and back to the doctor only to return to the pharmacy,
I marveled at the beautiful fall leaves on the trees.

The colors comforted me as I drove by.

DSC_0111

There are a few trees that I've passed by year after year
with the intention of photographing their marvelous leaves
but I never make it out with my camera before they have tumbled to the ground.

CSC_0109

This year was going to be the exception,
and I've shamelessly been waiting for the fall colors to return
so that I could snap some photos
of the elusive leaves.

Those fall trees were showing off for me
as I drove by with my sick little boy in the car.

DSC_0019-5

"Wait for me!"
I would call out the window,
begging the leaves to hold on 
a while longer so that I could come and say hello.

My attention fell to nursing my sick child
but my mind would often wander to the leaves outside.

DSC_0082-2

Yesterday, my boy was better and after I dropped him off at school,
I grabbed my camera and headed outside
to finally commune with my beloved fall leaves. 

 I like to believe that they hung around just for me.

4 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Glad Griffin is feeling better and you got to capture the leaves. So pretty.

I hope you'll enter my Santa Paws 2 giveaway.
http://secretmomthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/11/santa-paws-2-giveaway.html

Linda D. said...

Beautiful! Glad your kiddo is doing better after your tender loving care!

Sue said...

Glad he's on the mend...And that the leaves waited around for you!

=)

Allison Kirk said...

These leafy pics are beautiful!

~alli