Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Happiness Project :: Week 2


We took a trip to a cabin in the mountains
over the weekend with some old friends.
Kids were left with grandparents
and we spent two whole days relaxing.

It was beyond awesome.


We went hiking and communed with nature.

We cooked fantastic meals together.


 Erin and I sat on an oversized porch swing
 on the screened in porch and didn't move for hours at a time.

It was so indulgent for us not
to not have to fetch anything for any children.

It was beyond relaxing.


When the sun went down,
it was like a playground for adults.
There was even an arcade downstairs 
with real arcade games.


 It was such a wonderful and dreamy trip.




Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.








10 comments:

Linda D. said...

Okay... I definitely want to take a nap on that oversized porch swing. Just bring me a margarita and call me done!

4 Lettre Words said...

What a great time! And, now I want that big swing for my front porch. :)

Gina Kleinworth said...

That is awesome- you would have a hard time getting me off that porch.

SarahMarie said...

Sounds so relaxing! Glad you were able to get away.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

ooh that looks like a wonderful time!!

Unknown said...

Oh my, that's like a little slice of heaven!

Unknown said...

Looks like my kind of weekend getaway!

Susan Anderson said...

THAT is the very best kind of fun!

=D

Pieni Lintu said...

Sounds so fun!

Caroline said...

I LOVE it and it looks like an awesome getaway! Love that there were arcade games downstairs! So much fun!!