Thursday, December 19, 2013

An Oldie but a Goodie :: I shocked myself by eating six dozen cookies in four days. Well, my husband helped, but the point is that the cookies are gone.



Originally posted 12/20/10

<span class=

I had big plans for this post.
Last week I went to the annual cookie exchange
at my mom's best friend's house.

There were so many scrumptious cookies
made by seriously southern women
and I intended to photograph the
beautiful cookies and include recipes

but...we ate almost all of them
before I had a chance to grab a photo.

So, you'll just have settle
for a picture of the empty basket
full of abused wrappings that
was once overflowing with cookies.

Also, I'm feeling lazy
(probably from eating so many damn cookies)
so I've decided to just share the recipe
for the cookie that disappeared the fastest.

It is oh so gooey and yummy.

Enjoy and sorry that I don't
have a photo of said cookie.

They sure were good when
 I ate them all up uncontrollably.

OATMEAL CARMELITAS



Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1810,158174-239199,00.html


Content Copyright © 2010 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.


1 3/4 c. Quaker oats


1 1/2 c. flour


3/4 c. brown sugar, packed


1/2 tsp. baking soda


1/4 tsp. salt


3/4 c. butter, melted


1 c. nuts, chopped


1 (6 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips


1 (14 oz.) bag caramels


1/4 c. water




Heat  oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan. Combine first five  ingredients. Add butter, mix until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup for topping;  press remaining mixture onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes; cool. Top  with nuts and chocolate chips. In saucepan melt caramels and water, stir  until smooth. Remove from heat and drizzle over bars, sprinkle with  reserved topping mixture. Continue baking 15 to 18 minutes or until  lightly brown. Cool. Cut into bars, store tightly covered in cool, dry  place.


In other news...
Koen pointed at my belly this morning and said "ball?"


1 comment:

Suburban Girl said...

Sounds like something I would do for sure.