Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Who knew that grits could change your life?


I'm completely obsessed with the 
Southern Living Cheddar Cheese Grits Casserole recipe.
A lady in my Bible study made it for a pot lock recently
and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

If you see me in real life
and I have a far away look in my eye
it's because I'm dreaming of this casserole.
 
I just had to share the recipe with y'all.
It's just about the yummiest thing
I've had in a long while.

Southern Living Cheddar Cheese Grits Casserole

Ingredients

  • 4 cups milk
  • 1/4 cup butter 
  • 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten 
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese 
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 
  • Garnish: parsley sprigs

Preparation

  1. Bring milk just to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; gradually whisk in butter and grits. Reduce heat, and simmer, whisking constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until grits are done. Remove from heat.
  2. Stir in egg and next 3 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with grated Parmesan cheese.
  3. Bake, covered, at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until mixture is set. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.

No comments: