I'm completely obsessed with the
Southern Living Cheddar Cheese Grits Casserole recipe.
A lady in my Bible study made it for a pot lock recently
and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.
If you see me in real life
and I have a far away look in my eye
it's because I'm dreaming of this casserole.
I just had to share the recipe with y'all.
It's just about the yummiest thing
I've had in a long while.
Southern Living Cheddar Cheese Grits Casserole
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: parsley sprigs
- Bring milk just to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; gradually whisk in butter and grits. Reduce heat, and simmer, whisking constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until grits are done. Remove from heat.
- Stir in egg and next 3 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until mixture is set. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.