Tuesday, May 17, 2011

52 Weeks of Happiness :: Week 11

Photobucket

Friday night dates at home.

It has been such a challenge for Roger and I
to spend one on one time together.


Too often, we sit on the couch and zone out
after the kids are in bed.
I have passed out on the couch on more than one occasion.
We were feeling a bit distant until
we came up with the perfect solution.

Every Friday night we have a date in our bed.


Photobucket

We pick a different beverage each Friday for us to sip on
while we lounge in bed together.
This week we chose a cheap bottle of Pinot Grigio.

Photobucket

We make up a plate of yummy snacks to snack on as we relax.

This week's menu included

homemade rosemary bread that my Dad's neighbor made,
summer sausage, garlic cheese spread, and grapes.

Photobucket

Then we are super indulgent
and put the TV right at the foot of our bed.
We curl up and watch a move on Netflix.
I lucked out to find a man
that actually enjoys Jane Austin films.
So this week we watched Emma and snuggled.

It feels like when we were dating
and we decided to stay in on a Friday night.

It's the perfect way to start the weekend
and we actually feel like we've spent some quality time together.

Of course, a lady doesn't kiss and tell
but let me tell you,
Friday night smooches are the best!

Wanna hear something else making me happy?
Today is our 8 year wedding anniversary!!

Photobucket



Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.

Did you read my exciting development for this project?
If not...click here!


34 comments:

Halie said...

That's a really lovely goal. I hope that this project reaches more than 100 participants.

Anika said...

Awesome. Date nights are so important and it looks and sounds like you guys are doing it up right! It's all about enjoying each others company. Great post and definitely something to be happy for. Love that new button by the way!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Happy anniversary. Date nights even at home make a huge difference.

Courtney said...

Good for you! So glad you enjoyed a night together!

Jenn said...

I love stay at home date night... I love it even more when the grandparents take them for the night and you get Saturday morning after date night too... but both are nice.
Looks like a wonderful night. Congrats on 8 years.

Pieni Lintu said...

Happy anniversary :)

R Montalban said...

Happy Anniversary lovely Leigh & Roger.

Unknown said...

I love your date night!
Happy anniversary. We celebrated 13 years yesterday.

rachel said...

happy anniversary!

Unknown said...

Awww I need to do that, if I didn't work on Friday nights.. ugh..

Gina Kleinworth said...

That is so sweet Leigh!!! Love it!

Buckeroomama said...

Rosemary bread and garlic cheese spread... these two in themselves are heaven! :)

Date nights are very important to us, too. We go out every Sat, just hubby and me... even if it's just down to the diner or just doing errands together. It's our time to reconnect and just "date" the way we used to before kids. :)

Caution/Lisa said...

That would be my ideal date, too! Unfortunately, my husband would be asleep within five minutes of the start of the date.

SarahMarie said...

I love date night! Sometimes, Keith goes to the local movie theater and picks up some movie popcorn for us on our in home date nights. :)

Karen Mortensen said...

Congratulations. What a fun idea for a date. I will have to use it.

Dawna said...

OH! I like that idea! I had never thought about it. Dh and I try to get out together each week, but that gets to be rather expensive. Might have to adopt your plan... ;-)

And a VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you!!! I hope you get some time to enjoy yourselves together this evening!

See you next week, if not sooner! :-D Hope the rest of it continues to treat you right!

QueenScarlett said...

You've inspired me. Great post!!!

Kelly Lund and Kids said...

Perfect date night!! Love it!! HAPPY Anniversary!! :)

Susan Anderson said...

What could be better? A bed date!

;)

PS. Happy Anniversary!!

Caroline said...

Happy Anniversary!! ♥

Date night is SUCH a good idea. Snacks, snuggles, smooches and a movie--you can't beat that!!!

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

I'm happy about new underwear!

from mel said...

that sounds simply delightful! the other night we watched "becoming jane" (isn't it rad being married to a guy who will watch austen movies?) but, becoming jane was not that good. in fact, i was disappointed. and sad.
glad you got to watch emma and have an awesome date night :)

Leovi said...

A good wine and tasty food makes me happy. Television hardly see it.
Saludos.

Nikki said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and letting me know about this project. I love the idea! And it made me happy participating! Hope to be back every week!

Unknown said...

Sweet Date Night, we went to see Thor in 3D.

Brad and Caroline Ray said...

I LOVE DATE NIGHT! It does not happen that often, but we try to get out at least once a month. I love when my husband gets creative and takes me to a trampoline place instead of a movie!

Anonymous said...

Hey I've just found you! I'm happy new follower.
Date night,that is a fantastic idea.
I'm linking up week #11, this is so much fun,I just wish I'd found you earlier.Thank you for hosting this fun party,hope you will come visit and comment at LazyonLoblolly.And follow back if ya can.
~JO
LazyonLoblolly

Cluttered Brain said...

That looks a lovely time at home had with hubby...nomnomnom.
Movie, snacks, wine....no kids...
nice.
Date nights are indeed very very important.

i linked up cuz of Angel! :) She's super awesome ya know...

Cluttered Brain said...

oh and i can't believe I forgot...
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...may you and your honey have many MORE together...

Petra said...

Happy Anniversary! It's my first time linking up, but who doesn't need a little happiness, so I'll be back :)

Linda D. said...

Happy Anniversary #8! May your home made date night inspire home made date nights in countless houses!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Eight years - that's something to celebrate!

Thanks for hosting this project. This is my first time participating. Is it just coincidence that I'm about to finish reading Emma and was wondering if it were on Netflix? I think not. :D

fiddlehead said...

I love this project....so glad to take part. you bring light and happiness into the world and I love it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by Charmed Life! I have been thinking of all the things I am greatful for all weekend... thanks for that!! What a great idea, looking forward to joining you.