Friday, May 6, 2011

A Family Lives Here : Exhibit 2

Photobucket

It's so fun to stumble upon evidences that children live in my home.
Lately, when the house gets too quiet
I know that I can find Koen
exploring the bottom cabinet of my china cabinet.

That is where I keep a collection of cookbooks.
He loves to rummage through the stack and thumb through the pages.
He calls them "hot books"
and he can literally look at them all day long.

I love to see all the hot books scattered about the dining room floor.
I love that he points to recipes and says
"Cook this one mama."

Maybe I have a future chef on my hands.

I'm linking up to the lovely Queen Scarlet's new weekly carnival.
It's such a sweet idea.
You just scout out evidence that a family lives in your home.
I think that everyone should join in the fun!

8 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

What a sweet,sweet picture and story.
Name of a famous chef, watch out.

Unknown said...

I would cook anything he told me to! What a doll!

Susan Anderson said...

I think you must be doing wonderful things in your kitchen for him to be so excited about those hot books.

He looks like a cherub...

He might even talk ME into cooking for him, and that's quite a feat these days!

;)

QueenScarlett said...

I love his name. He is precious...and I love kids who love food! ;-)

Katherine said...

That is darling!

Ducky said...

What an awesome idea and way to focus on how important and 'big' the 'little' things are.... totally changes the perspective on stepping on those cottonpickin leggos in the middle of the night ;)

My Captivating Life said...

That is so cute!!! :)

Caroline said...

Oh my goodness he is TOO cute for words! I love that he loves HOT books! I think I'm going to call them Hot books from now on too! :)