Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The finer things in life.

Let me start this post by admitting to you that I have no idea why this text is underlined and that I have no idea how to remove it. So, we will pretend that what I am saying is so important that it deserves to be underlined.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, I have been reflecting on my post about yearning to share
my childhood toys and memories with a little girl. I realized this morning
that I already share so much with my son
that I enjoyed as a child.
Most of it is candy and TV shows but that's okay...
those are the finer things in life.


So, without even realizing what I was doing, I have shared these wonderful treasures with Griffin.



One of the best books in the world that my Mom read to me often



Sweet Corduroy and his quest for a lost button.

The blue and pink Fun Dip mustache.
(why did the underline go away here? It's a mystery!)




The ever so sticky and delicious Ring Pop



Wacka, Wacka, Wacka



The Boomerang Network has let me share The Jetsons, Richie Rich, and The Smurfs.


Who can resist Fruit Stripe gum?

I had the most brilliant and carefree childhood
and I want so badly to create the same for my boys.
It was full of sweets, kisses, hugs, good books, and Saturday morning cartoons.
I don't need a daughter to pass down a legacy of fun.
Just give me a gas station full of candy
and I'll draw you a map to my childhood days.

For the record, my teenage years were full of poor report cards, being grounded, my phone being taken away from my room because I talked to boys at all hours of the night, and after school detention for tardiness.

On second thought, I guess that goes to show what a kooshy childhood
full of candy and video games can do to a kid.
Ah...who cares?
I'm still gonna spoil my kids rotten with
the finer things in life!




1 comment:

2Wired2Tired said...

What a great post! Brings back wonderful memories! I forgot all about Fruit Stripe gum and Fun Dip. Looks like your kids will have some Kodak moments in their future!