Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Style Inspiration : Elizabeth Taylor in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof


My Mom gave me a beautiful vintage slip and
I just love wearing it in the middle of a hot afternoon.
I'll slip it on and mop the kitchen and feel like
Elizabeth Taylor in the classic film Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
I'll float around the house doing chores in lace
and feel so shiny beneath the pink silk.
I feel like a lady as I load the dishwasher.

I highly recommend getting yourself a delicious slip
and wearing it for no good reason other than
it's fun to imagine that your life is filled with Southern drama.
Why not aspire to look like Elizabeth Taylor?

Even if it's 2:30 in the afternoon and
no one is there to see me
but my children and my two cranky cats.

No, I will not be posting a photo
of myself in my delicates...thank you very much!
I will give you a little peek-a-loo
of my simple little slip though.

Photobucket

16 comments:

R Montalban said...

Like it - I love dressing up and your slip looks very nice indeed!

R Montalban said...

Like it - I love dressing up and your slip looks very nice indeed!

Unknown said...

Ohhh see that is so pretty

BigSis said...

So pretty. Are you sure you don't want to reenact Liz' scene?

Vanessa said...

Very beautiful slip and idea! Now I need a delicious vintage one. I DO clean the house in one of my few beautiful slips, more out of necessity than luxury because it's hot as hell here in Florida and my AC is a clanking piece of crap that couldn't keep a beer could if you set it right on top of it. :)

Vodka Logic said...

How fun.. and I'm sure the hubby likes it too...

Only slip I have is a half slip..

Caroline said...

Oh how I love Liz Taylor. And that slip is to die for. Coincidentally, my husband and I went to an exhibit (Cleopatra) in Philly last night. At the end of the exhibition, there were images and video of Liz Taylor in her role as Queen Cleo. A conversation erupted among the folks we were with about how amazingly beautiful she was.
Any nightgown/slip that makes me feel more like a Liz Taylor is a winner in my book. I'm with you 100% on this one.

p.s. No slips for me right now, but I do have in my closet a vintage Muu-muu which I am wearing the heck out of right now!

Just Jen said...

I have one too, and I do the same thing! There is nothing like being sexy while doing things around the house!!

June said...

What an awesome idea!
I have one of these pretties and you can bet that Juney will be dusting in her's real soon!

Carrie B said...

Hmmm... since my "children" are 21,20 and 18... I'm not sure they would appreciate the concept and know now for sure their mother had gone off the deep end.
Then again, maybe I should just give 'em something to talk about. Haha

cathyjoy said...

yeah! because? who doesn't sweat like a pig in unbreathable satin and silk??? the hubs would be SO turned on when he got home! HA!

Susan Anderson said...

Oh, it's perfect!

=)

Karen Mortensen said...

That is so pretty. I like your advice. I do think you should post a picture of yourself in it though.

Neena said...

OK! I love that picture. One, because the slip is very pretty and two, Elizabeth Taylor does not have a beach ready six pack. She is so tiny, but if she hit Rodeo drive in that the paparazi would be screaming BABY BUMP!!! and she would have to make a major statement about being ok with her own body and blah blah blah!! So I LOVE IT and we would all look hot in that!

Carrie said...

Awww, no pictures of you IN the slip?? How fair is that? ;)

Vanessa said...

And now *you* are *my* inspiration! I would so do that!