Wednesday, August 4, 2010

To Ebay, with love

When my grandma (Mammaw, as we affectionately called her) passed away in in 2004, I inherited a ton of her beloved antiques. I mean, my house is full of Mammaw's stuff. Sometimes, when I return home from a trip and open the front door to my home, it smells just like Mammaw's house used to smell. It smells like hush puppies being fried up in the kitchen. It smells like french fries cooking in hot grease and love.

You cannot sneeze in my house without hitting a piece of carnival glass that was passed down to me. Well, in an effort to de-clutter my home, I have decided to part with a few of her heirloom porcelain pieces. I would be emotional about this but I can just hear her now saying... "Tooper,(which is what she affectionately called me) you should sell some of that stuff instead of keeping it around. You sell that butter dish and go buy yourself some mascara, ya look a little tired." Then she'd pinch my side and wink.

So...I've listed some items on Ebay. I thought that I would pass this along in case one of y'all might be thinking "I'd love to buy my mom an antique wash basin." or "Aunt Trudy would love a three piece vanity set for her birthday." Maybe you're thinking "Gee, I'd love a World War II Japanese transfer glass butter dish!" Well, look no further!

Here is what I have to offer...

Photobucket

Antique Cauldon Ware wash basin...to bid click here.

Photobucket

Antique three piece vanity set, click here to make a bid!

Photobucket

Pretty butter dish, click here to bid on this beauty!

Now, go call your Aunt Trudy and tell her all about it!

6 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

That stuff is beautiful.

Caroline said...

So pretty! I know what you mean about trying to de-clutter and Mammaw sounds like she was awesome.

Susan Anderson said...

It must be hard to part with those, but I do understand. I have way too many wonderful little things cluttering up all of my shelves and counters, too.

=)

Small Town Girl said...

Oh I love it all! If I didn't have so much of my Mama's stuff, I'd buy some of your Mammaw's things. Kuddos to you for making an effort to de-clutter.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

So Pretty! I'd take 'em all home with me but my kids would break them in like two seconds! Awesome stuff though!

Laura Lofgreen said...

I have a love affair with EBay. I try to sell 100 things a week. Your beautiful items should sell great.