Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Mompetition Survival Guide



I was at Pump-It-Up the other day with my children, when I overheard a conversation between two moms. Each of them was trying hard to convince the other that her child was a little genius.

"My little Sarah is only 18 months old and she can already count to ten in Spanish," one mom bragged.

"Well, my son Nick is 16 months old and he can count to 15 in Spanish," the other mother chimed in. "You know, mine is so smart because of all the great organic food that I feed him."

Meanwhile, her particular genius was sitting on the floor blissfully taking objects from his nose, examining them and then eating them....read the rest here (leave a comment while there!)

5 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Funny video.
Good article!

=)

rachel said...

hahaha!

michelle @ this little light said...

This one made me laugh out loud. I know those women. I've seen them in action, and they make me run the other way. All I can say is "Those pooooor kids." Thanks for the chuckle!

Linda D. said...

Left a post on the Patch - Mompetition - article! I think there is more truth than poetry to your fine article! Love the animation, too! Keep sharing your unique point of view with the world. We are richer for it!

Caroline said...

It was an excellent article, Leigh!