Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Legend of Tomorrow

My dad found this sweet little
Christmas village for me
at the flea market.

I love it and find myself creating
stories and drama with the people of the village.

Photobucket

In a small valley lies
a quaint village named Tomorrow.
Where the lights twinkle by night
and passion simmers in the light of day.

Photobucket

In the center of town you will find
Lovers Park where residents mingle
and hearts break from day to day.


Photobucket

On this cold winter afternoon
all seems well within the village,
yet a heartbroken young lady
by the name of Mindy is going for
an innocent stroll.

Little does she know that
disaster awaits behind the park gate.


Photobucket

There she spied her ex-lover, Corbin
tightening the laces of another lady's ice skates.

Her spirit dropped as she was already mending
a broken heart from Corbin leaving her
only days before.

She had suspected there was another woman.

Photobucket

She quickly hid behind the topiary
as to not be seen by the couple.
It was then she saw that the other woman
was none other than her sister Trudy.

Photobucket

How could they do this to her?
The display of public affection
sent her spiraling out of control
with wild rage and passion.

Photobucket

She found herself at the Hunter's Tavern.
The last time she went on a bender at the tavern
she ended up flipping tables
and making out with Noah the cute bartender.
That had been years ago.

Could she drown her worries in ale?
In her heart she knew
that it was a bad idea.

After all, she was carrying Corbin's baby!

To be continued...

8 comments:

Roger That said...

I LOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! I haz the jealous, I have always wanted a tiny little town of my own, but with lack of a place to really put it I will hold out until we have our own home. <3

UBERMOUTH said...

Your son's story time must be fabulous!

Can't wait for next instalment!

Unknown said...

Ha! Can't wait to hear the saga!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Anderson said...

That village is such a treasure. And the story you've built around it is cracking me up.

=)

Gilda Knits said...

You make me LOL!

I wish I had room in my house for one of these villages. Seems like such an exciting drama filled place...and I like that!

Linda D. said...

Gee, I thought I was going to read a sappy little Christmas village story.. you know everyone scurrying around with good cheer, cookie exchange recipes, and egg nog.. but NO. you delighted us with a fantastic soap opera Christmas village story! THANKS! I love it!

R Montalban said...

Love it :-)