Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Rythym of Summer : Week 7

Summer is in full swing
and in an effort to make sure
that I don't just plop my kids in front of the TV all day,
I am pulling out all the stops
to keep my children engaged and entertained.

I plan to document some of our
simple summer adventures here each week.

Here's what we've been up to recently...

DSC_0465

Drawing amazing 3D pictures.

DSC_0416

Pretending to fly in our backyard.

DSC_0351

Getting lost in a book in our clubhouse.

DSC_0333

Practicing our cursive to combat "summer brain".

DSC_0431

Catching the rain in our hands.

DSC_0309

Perfecting our pretend lumberjack skills.

DSC_0489

Baking gluten free brownies.

DSC_0495

The best part is always
licking the batter off the mixers!

6 comments:

Linda D. said...

Oh what an enchanted summer you're giving your boys! I felt the rhythm of summer as I read your post! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

I so wish I could have the ability to do this with my kids when they were little... shoot I would love to do it now.

Susan Anderson said...

Love the yard! And reading in the clubhouse...

=)

Unknown said...

That looks like the kind of summer everybody wishes they were having (as the kids, not as the adults). Those are very lucky little boys!!

Caroline said...

You are such a fun mom! And I can't believe how big the boys have gotten!

Those gluten free brownies look YUM!! And that 3D drawing is super cool! I bet Griffin loves that!!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Looks like lots of summer fun. I love the thing you are practicing cursive with. My daughter wants to learn cursive this summer. I need to find something like that.