Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mama Time : Gettin' Creative


I am super duper excited to be going to this workshop
 tonight for about ten different reasons.
 First of all, I'm excited that I'm doing something for myself. 
You know, cause sometimes mama neglects herself
 by getting all twisted up in caring for her little monsters.

 Balance is important, 
we all know it, but I don't always achieve it.

I'm excited because I get to leave the house at night, 
when it's actually dark outside. 
This may seem like a simple pleasure 
but by the time sun goes down each evening 
I am busy giving dirty little boys baths or reading bedtime stories.
 To escape the clutches of my evening responsibilities is a real treat.
 Not that I don't love watching the boys make bubble bath beards
 or helping them slip on sweet footy jammies, 
it's just that sometimes it's nice to engage in the adult world 
when the stars are shining in the sky.

I'm excited because there are so many moments 
I want to capture that unfold here in my busy home 
with these active boys of mine.

I can't wait to learn some tips and tricks
 to take better photos.

Moments like amazing pillow forts
 being constructed on the couch.
 These types of memories have
to appear as magical as they feel.

 photo 482407c5-febf-4fb7-be92-46a9d32b742d_zps3b13cd60.jpg

I can't wait to get out there and play with my camera.

3 comments:

Angelwithatwist said...

OH that sounds like fun. Even though my boys are much older I still think they are getting too old too quick for my liking.. Have fun hun

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

sounds like a fun class. enjoy!

Linda D. said...

Enjoy your night out among the stars and taking an adult class! Something about wrapping your brain around new things that's so invigorating!