Thursday, May 30, 2013

Throwback Thursday :: Hide and Seek



Originally posted 7/16/11


I'm realizing that my days around here seem to run together.
Ordinary moments unfold around me daily
and I need to stop and relish in them.
One day, my boys will be out living life
and I will miss these everyday experiences.

So, I am taking the time to document
the simple moments that pass between us.
I'm calling this little collection of memories...

<span class=


Photobucket

Playing Hide and Seek with the Boys.

Lately, in the heat of the afternoon,
we've been playing hide and seek.
It is pretty hilarious to play with
a six year old and a two year old.

I love that when I hide my face to count to 20,
I can hear little feet scampering about the room.
I hear closet doors being thrown open,
a shower curtain sliding across the shower bar,
and squeals as my boys
franticly try to find a hiding place.
Kids just aren't that sneaky.

DSC_0307

When Roger is home,
we pair off with the boys
and I just love hiding with Griffin.

He tries so hard to be quiet as we
hunker in the shower together and hide.
He has to hold his breath
or he will giggle.

He usually ends up giggling anyway.
We're pretty easy to find.

Photobucket

Koen cracks me up
because he thinks that if his eyes are hidden
that we can't see him.
His tiny feet pop out from
beneath all sorts of hiding places.

These are the sweetest games
we'll ever play together.

I treasure every silly moment.

2 comments:

Linda D. said...

Little ones seem to think if their heads are hidden that no one can see the rest of them! So cute.

Susan Anderson said...

And I treasure reading about them!

=)