Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer live List #10 :: See a live puppet show


Our local library celebrated puppet week
with a production of The Ant and the Grasshopper.

I thought that kids would enjoy it,
so I carted them over there to watch it.


As we took our seats in the auditorium,
Griffin looked around the room and announced,
"This is awkward, I'm the only kid over the age of 4 in here."

I told him to settle down and sit through
the show so that his little brother could enjoy it.

He sat back in a bit of a huff as the show started.
I looked over my shoulder at the crowd behind us
and quickly realized that he was right.

He looked so big in a room full of toddlers and preschoolers.


About 5 minutes into it, Koen grew bored.
When he gets bored during a production
he yells stuff like,
"That's a stupid grasshopper!"
or "I hate that dumb ant!"

Much to my chagrin,
I knew that it was time to go.
So, I packed up my big boys
and left the last puppet show we'll ever attend.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Linda D. said...

a sure sign they're growing up and they probably need a puppet show more in line with Cirque-de-Sole!