Thursday, August 29, 2013

Throwback Thursday :: An Unexpected Gift



Originally posted 07/12/11

Photobucket

I inherited my grandma's antiques
when she passed away 6 years ago.
I love seeing her china cabinet in my dining room
or admiring her lovely buffet in my kitchen.

Other treasures that graced her home
now grace mine.

Photobucket


What I treasure the most is the way
that my house smells
like my Mammaw's home.

No one else can smell it but me.

When I walk in the
front door of my home,

the scent that I smelled all
throughout childhood fills my senses.

Photobucket

French fries frying on the stove,
hushpuppies popping in oil in a skillet,

the smell of the many meals that
she prepared can still
 be smelled on her old antiques.

Photobucket

I love that I have this
unexpected gift in my home.
I love that the memories
of all of those meals made with care
linger here.

No comments: