Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Happiness Project :: Week 31


I chaperoned a class field trip for Griffin
and had the pleasure of driving 
three spastic best friends in my car for 2 hours.

I listened in on a rousing game
of truth or dare that unfolded in the back seat.

It was very educational.


We headed to a gold mine in the outskirts 
of the North Georgia mountains.


We panned for gold.


Look, there's gold in them there hills!


We did a little gemstone mining.


We also travelled miles down into the gold mines.


We saw some amazing sights
and learned some really cool facts.

I love being a stay-at-home mama
so I can be available to go on these fun trips.

  


Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.


5 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

That place is so cool!

Unknown said...

We are never to old or young to explore!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Very cool!!! My kids did that at Knott's Berry Farm once many years ago- but there is also a place where gold was discovered in CA where my hubs grew up. You can still pan there. Have yet to get the kids there. There is a gem mining place a couple hours from here in MT that we want to check out. So much fun & educational.

patty said...

looks like fun... and not too far from me. i live right on the the other side of them thar mountains... ;)

Linda D. said...

I want to pan for gold, too! Awesome field trip!