Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Stay at Home Chronicles :: Raising a Writer


My days around here seem to run together.
Ordinary moments unfold around me daily
and I need to stop and relish in them.

One day, my boys will be out living life
and I will miss these everyday experiences.

So, I am taking the time to document
the simple moments that pass between us.
I'm calling this little collection of memories...

Photobucket

Raising a writer.


Griffin approached me the other day with some news.
"I want to write a novel." he told me.
 He had an inspired idea and knows exactly what it will be about.

"It's a Sci fi/ Fantasy book and will be about a digital apocalypse 
where geeky computer kids save the world with data. 
When I'm done I want to query agents." 

Seems like someone has been
watching his mama very closely.

The boy has dedication.
Just this morning before school,
he very seriously told me
that he needed to write before he could eat breakfast.
An idea had come to him in his sleep.

I just love the sight of his bedhead hair
glowing in the light of the computer screen.



The best part is that he comes to me to brainstorm.
We've been talking quite a bit about story structure and plot.

I just love watching my little writer bloom
and will forever treasure these
moments when we connect over words and ideas.

I can't wait to read his novel when it's complete.
 

1 comment:

Linda D. said...

NOW THAT IS ADORABLE! The acorns don't fall far from the tree! ;)