Monday, November 17, 2008

We had a lunch date today


Today we were lucky enough to have non other than Henry Holmes come over to our house for lunch. This was a big deal for a handful of reasons. First of all, he came home from school with us and Griffin felt so special to ride in the car with his friend Henry. Secondly, I have an irrational fear of watching children that are not my own. Most of the time I am shocked that I keep my own child in one piece, much less being able to keep my friend's child alive. This is a conversation for a therapist's couch I know, I won't bore you with the details.

So I felt very brave when Wynn asked my to pick up her son from school and watch him for a bit while she worked. It went smashingly well for all of us. They had a great lunch and the both asked very politely if they could be excused. Henry became very concerned because he really wanted a princess to play with. He LOVES princesses. Our only princess came with a castle we bought for Griffin and she has been discarded because Griffin is much more impressed with the knights. Anyhoo...I diverted his attention to my mermaid costume that I wore last Halloween. Henry was very impressed with this costume and was thrilled to put it on. Griffin followed suit and requested his knight costume. It was a magical and cathartic afternoon.

No comments: