Tuesday, July 17, 2012

52 Weeks of Happiness :: Week 19

DSC_0313-2

Griffin attends a Montessori school just up the road from us.

They have a beautiful class garden right next to their classroom
that we pass whenever we drive home from anywhere in our little town.

It is just about the most cheerful garden I have ever seen.

DSC_0337-4

The children had a huge hand in tending it last school year.
When we pass by it, Griffin always points out
that he helped rake and prepare the soil for planting.

We often see his teacher gardening when we drive by.
I just love that she is taking time
from her summer break
to give the plants and flowers some love.

DSC_0348-2

The flags that line the fence were hand painted by the students
and seem to watch over the garden while the kids are away.

DSC_0325-2

Even the flowers look proud.

I like to think that if his teacher's attention
can help plants flourish so beautifully,
that the students in her class must bloom as well.

It makes me happy to know that in
just a few short weeks
my children will be at their school,
tending to their class gardens.


Photobucket



Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.




18 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Teachers like that rock! So, so cool...and I adore these shots.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Great garden. I love the students' flags.

Unknown said...

I wish we had something like that close to here. My kids would love it. I love the garden it is so cute.

Laura said...

I love the flags too! And the sunflower picture! Beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Awe, it is the sweetest garden!

R Montalban said...

I like the way you think :-)

Linda D. said...

Gardening plants and kids... what a great teacher!

Tracie Nall said...

What a precious little garden. I love it!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Oh how delightful!!! I can imaging how proud those kids are of what they do to nurture that garden.

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Love the pictures!

Susan said...

Fun. Love the sunflowers!

Tiffany L. Secula said...

Thanks for the great blog! We all can use a little more happiness in our lives!!

www.nanahood.com

Unknown said...

love it!

Sarah Halstead said...

Love these. Beautiful.

Caroline said...

I grew up ring to Montessori school, Leigh and to this day those are some of my best memories!

I love the flowers--they DO look proud. And the flags!! And of course, you KNOW I love the garden.

awesomeness!

xo to you, friend and hope y'all are well!

Unknown said...

This is a very happy and colorful place for a growing mind. Kids love to create and display and receive the praise they so deserve for their efforts. Loved the visual joy in your blog!!

Susan Anderson said...

Sounds like he has landed in a good place!

=)

Andrea said...

That really is a beautiful and cheerful garden!